Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I have to create an account with Impact Radius?
As our affiliate program has grown we want to offer our affiliates the best in reporting, and the most seamless payment process. Therefore, we use the platform Impact Radius to meet your reporting and payment needs. Savings.com affiliates all have Impact Radius accounts, which allow them to create and schedule reports, as well as receive all payments earned from the program.
What is “link grabbing” and how do I use it?
Link grabbing allows affiliates to use links for individual deals to share with their audience. These links contain unique tracking information so that affiliates are paid whenever a user clicks and makes a purchase on the merchant site.
When viewing deals on Savings.com as a logged in affiliate, click on the “more info” button by the deal description to expose your unique link. Click here for more detailed instructions on using link grabbing.
Do you have an XML data feed or an API that I can use?
Yes, we do. If you would like have access to our DataFeed or API, please email us at email@example.com. (Please note, only affiliates with significant monthly visitors will be considered.)
Can I use the Savings.com Affiliate program tools on multiple sites I own?
Yes, all of our program tools will track prints, clicks, purchases and entries driven regardless of site domain.
We kindly ask, though, that you let us know all of the sites you own and that you plan to promote our offers on.
Can I share my Savings.com Affiliate program tools with another party?
No. While sharing is caring, you are not allowed to share your Savings.com Affiliate tools with third parties. If you would like to utilize our tools and features on multiple properties you own, please refer above.
I saw a merchant on Savings.com, but I can’t grab a link or generate an ad unit for them through your affiliate program – Why?
We have to respect our legal agreements with our Merchants and as such we are not allowed to syndicate all Merchants through the Savings.com program. So, if you see the merchant on the Savings.com site and are unable to link-grab or generate an iFrame and Ad Unit for that particular merchant, this is most likely the case.
What is the Savings.com Ad Generator?
The Savings.com Ad Generator is a simple, easy to use tool that Savings.com affiliates can use to create Savings.com Ad Units and iFrames – on demand. Enter Ad Unit / iFrame specifications, and you’ll be able to preview, generate and paste your custom code on your website or within a post.
How do I use the Savings.com Ad Generator?
The Savings.com Ad Generator allows each affiliate to create their own iFrame or Ad Unit.
To create a Savings.com Ad Unit or iFrame:
- Enter your Impact Radius Account ID (this should already be pre-populated).
- Select the size of the Ad Unit or width of the iFrame (View example ad types /iFrames).
- Customize the Ad Units / iFrame by either selecting a Category or a specific Merchant.
- Generate the code.
- Paste code where you want the Ad Unit / iFrame to appear.
How do I earn money as a Savings.com Affiliate?
Affiliates earn money when a visitor completes a sale using the coupons you provide via our iFrame and Savings.com Ad Units.
When do I get paid?
On average, you will get paid 60-90 days after the transaction is reported. This allows time for all transactions to clear through the affiliate networks and for any returns/exchanges to clear as well.
How do I use Impact Radius to view reporting?
To view reports on clicks and conversions, log into ImpactRadius.com, and you will be taken directly to your dashboard. Outside of the dashboard you can view and create more detailed reports by clicking on the “Reports” link in the left navigation column. Create reports and schedule them to be delivered by email regularly. Set it and forget it!
How long does it take for conversions to show up in my reports? Where are they?
Merchant commission reporting time varies from as little as 24 hours to as long as 60 days. Depending on the merchant, on average it takes 5 to 7 business days but merchants.
There are a number of reasons that conversions may not immediately show up in reports. We relay the actual conversions as we receive them from the affiliate networks. The top reasons there may be delays are:
- Click is overwrittenEven though a click is made via our deal, other toolbars and/or pop-ups may overwrite our cookie, and as such, we [and you] are not associated with the transaction. This may also happen if a click a made but the visitor continues to navigate to other sites that will drop and overwrite our original cookie.
- Merchant payout on a specific eventCertain merchants don’t pay out when checkout is complete but rather after a specific action has taken place. Common examples are in the travel industry when merchants often pay out after a flight is actually taken or hotel room is actually used. Clicks are registered, but conversions are delayed. Another example might be a furniture company who will register the click at the time of the completed purchase but may not pay out weeks later until the furniture is actually shipped.